This is an opportunity for an experienced and accomplished Consumer Packaged Goods professional to lead the corporate category management function in Orlando, FL. We are seeking candidates with strong strategic and leadership abilities coupled with analytical curiosity to join us. Relocation assistance is available, however We can only consider individuals with CPG experience: (food, beverage, or HBC retail).
In this role you will function as the Head of Category Management & Sales Planning. You will lead the team and be responsible for providing Best-in-Class consumer, shopper and customer insights and business solutions, leveraging analytics that accelerate category growth for Retail Partners and the company. In addition, you will lead all relationships with research partners across both syndicated data suppliers (Nielsen, SPECTRA, lRl, MVl, EYC, Dunnhumby, etc.) and primary research suppliers (U30, PRS, BASES, etc). You will do this by collaboratively planning, coordinating, and executing with cross-functional resources at multiple levels, externally with retailers and internally across the organization. This individual will address complex business opportunities by leveraging multiple data sources, consumer insights, industry knowledge, sales experience, and a thorough understanding of the CPG environment.
You will have the opportunity to:
Success in this role will require:
- Be part of the sales and marketing leadership team with responsibility for all business analytics, consumer, customer & shopper insights and new product research .
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain on annual category plans.
- Provide recommended strategies and tactics to exceed both the company and Retailer financial targets
- ldentify opportunities both at the total category level and retailer level that equate to market share gains and category growth
- Work with company leadership to define priorities and objectives, specific to key customer Joint Business Plans.
- Use your expertise to enhance our category management program, so we continue being viewed by our customers as the experts not just within our categories but within value added salads.
- Leverage models to provide direction on pricing and guide pricing strategy development.
- lmprove organizational understanding of price/promotion mechanics.
- ldentify and champion opportunities to improve trade promotion effectiveness
- Develop and manage models to support ongoing forecasting needs for the business, partnering with Marketing, Sales, Demand Planning, Supply Chain and Finance.
- ldentify ways to enhance the forecasting process through improved accuracy and automation.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing team to highlight white space opportunities through in-market dynamics, analyzing syndicated data, and shopper/consumer trends
- Provide direction and coaching of your team of category management, sales and event planning, providing them with coaching that enables them to become great.
- Maintain relationships with key syndicated and primary & secondary research vendors, negotiating the best contracts and value for us
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 10 - 15+ years' experience in Category Management/Customer Management.
- Past Experience leading a team or account with a Category Captain/Advisory Role is preferred.
- Strong understanding and proven application of syndicated and custom marketing research and category management concepts. Extensive knowledge of syndicated data sources, i.e., Nielsen, lRl, household panel, loyalty card data, (TPM preferred)
- Ability to partner with customers and act as a consultant.
- Strong ability to coach the team but also demonstrated capability to roll up your sleeves and "do it yourself'when required
- Analytic Ability: Solid critical thinking skills a must.
- Ability to leverage data and analytics creatively to solve business issues and develop effective strategies.
- Innovates new approaches where required
- Expert in variety of advanced analytic approaches including price/promotion models, marketing mix models, in-market testing, advertising, trade promotion optimization and forecasting.
- Extensive experience in analyzing syndicated data, both scanner and panel required Business/Thought Leadership:
- Proactively identifies opportunities and risks on the business; comfortable and credible communicating with and challenging senior management to drive strategies and decision-making in the organizaton
- Negotiation/lnfluencing Ability: Solid ability to influence decisions of senior management and others outside the reporting relationship. Must be persistent and persuasive in driving recommendations forward.
- Ability to negotiate cost effective contracts with our external partners
- Communication and Consulting Ability: Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Able to translate complex data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Partners with internal clients to help them tackle business issues and provides decisionmaking support through analytic insights; a trusted advisor to his/her customers internally and externally
- Relationship building: Should be able to build relationships across the marketing, sales, new products, demand planning, and R&D functions so that the SI&A team in seamlessly integrated within those teams to minimize conflicts and drive focus on true value added projects that deliver highest impact on customer satisfaction
- Project Management: Must have proven project management skills, particularly in terms of allocating resources and ability to partner closely with internal and external clients